Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.lovelockmillar.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect information that is necessary to run the Gallery, fulfil our obligations to you, and keep you informed about the Gallery and its activities.
The personal information we collect may include:
- your name, title, gender, and date of birth;
- your email address, phone number, postal address, billing address, delivery address;
- current interests and preferences;
- feedback you may have submitted related to Gallery services and products
- product selections and purchases of goods or services;
- credit card or other payment information (we only store this for as long as we need to process payment);
- contact preferences;
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you;
- images captured on film or photography taken in the Gallery; and
- MAC (Media Access Control) addresses of any device(s) you bring with you to the Gallery, whether or not you have connected to the Gallery’s free public Wi-Fi service. MAC addresses are identifiers which any Wi-Fi enabled device transmits when searching for a Wi-Fi connection.
Under data protection law, certain categories of personal information are recognised as sensitive, including health information and information regarding race, religious beliefs, and political opinions (‘special category data’). We only collect such information in limited cases, and where there is a clear reason for doing so, such as in relation to accessibility, recording accidents, or dietary requirements for events.
How do we collect your personal information?
Information you give us
We collect personal information that you may provide to us including when you:
- purchase products through the website or in the Gallery;
- sign up to our email updates; or
- complete a visitor survey or enter a competition.
Information we get from your use of our website(s) and services
We collect information about the services you use and how you use them in a number of ways including:
- When you view and interact with our emails, advertisements, and content;
- Information about contact you have with us as a visitor or customer; and
- Information collected via your MAC address when you visit the Gallery with a Wi-Fi enabled device (with Wi-Fi switched on).
Information from third parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example when:
- You enter a competition run on a partner website (and agree to the sharing of your information with us);
- You follow the Gallery’s social media channels, subject to your privacy settings on those channels; or
- You make a purchase from the Lovelock Millar Gallery Limited.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we use your information?
We will only process your information if we have a legal basis for doing so under current UK data protection legislation, including:
- Processing your information because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, for example:
- To process payments;
- To fulfil orders for events or services; or
- To provide you with membership benefits, which you are contractually entitled to receive.
- Where we are required by law to process your information, for example:
- To make a Gift Aid claim.
- Where we have your consent to process your information, for example:
- Where you have agreed to receive email updates in relation to the Gallery;
- Where you have asked to receive information about events; or
Where you have given consent to the processing of your data you may withdraw it at any time. See below ‘What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?’
- Where processing your information is necessary for our legitimate interests, for example:
- Where (from time to time) we (or a third party) carry out any filming, including interviews or filming/photographing of events in the Gallery. Where areas of the Gallery are going to be used for filming or photography, we will always provide clear signage or otherwise make you aware of the filming in advance, so that you can avoid being filmed or photographed.
Where we are relying on this basis of processing you have the right to object to this. See below ‘What rights do you have in relation to your personal information.
- We may process special category data (for example, health data) on the basis of additional grounds, including where it is necessary to protect an individual’s vital interests (for example where you have a life-threatening accident or illness while visiting the Gallery and we have to process your personal data in order to make sure you receive appropriate medical attention).
Do we share your information with other organisations?
We will not sell your personal information to any third parties or external organisations.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive data from any third parties.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not conduct any automated decision making and/or profiling of user data.
How long do we keep your information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How we protect your data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to try to prevent:
- Unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- accidental loss, damage, and destruction.
We are required to make sure any transfers of information will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with Data Protection regulations.
All our staff and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of, personal information are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of our visitors, email subscribers, members, shoppers, supporters, and all those who engage with us.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. They are:
- The right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information (see below our Subject Access Request process);
- The right to access your information (see below our Subject Access Request process);
- The right to have your personal information rectified if it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to have your personal information removed or deleted in certain circumstances, for example when you have withdrawn consent to it being processed and we have no other basis for processing it;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to certain processing including the right to not be subject to automated decision-making and the right to object where we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- Where you have provided your consent to the processing, the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal); and
- The right to require us not to send you marketing communications.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have any questions about how we collect and store your data or any privacy related concerns please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org, 01536 391366